Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Still around but so much busier

It has been close to two weeks since I last posted. There have been several subjects that I have been meaning to write about here - such as the disconnect between enrolment at Information Studies programs and the current state of the job market and some comments on some of my assigned readings. However, I have been kept extremely busy by a long commute to and from campus and by a considerable amount of part-time work. I'm hoping to do a longer post on some of these subjects later this week.

Yesterday, I had my first ever Archives class. It looks quite stimulating - the flexibility in paper assignments is welcome as is the the visit to Major City Archives. Grad (/professional) school should not be so fast to dismiss the merit of field trips.

No comments: