Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Microserfs

It has been a few weeks since I started work at Library and Archives Canada. It is getting difficult to remain motivated about it. My particular job is just not very interesting. I don't even get to encounter researchers or users in any way, except when they somehow call me directly (this happened a few days ago).

Thus, I think I am going to re-read Douglas Coupland's novel, "Microserfs."

Before I close, I have started to draft a post of advice to students interested in working for the federal government. I know my position is nothing terribly interesting, but other people I know in the capital have good positions. I want to write that post because the whole federal government hiring process is sadly cloaked in mystery. At least, that was my impression as an applicant.

No comments: