Sunday, August 17, 2008

Branching out from blogging?

It has recently been suggested to me that I should consider trying to publish in archival or information publications. I have thought a bit about this recently and the prospect interests me. I think it is valuable to be capable of writing both long term (articles, books etc) and short form pieces and potentially, a more traditional forum might be helpful. In terms of archival publications, I'm not sure how difficult it would be to get into journals and items of that nature.

No matter where I end up professionally, I do hope to keep active in research and writing. I would like to combine research oriented writing and shorter journalism style resources. One potential problem that occurs to me is trying to find a way to make that ambition fit with work. I don't want to be in a position where all such writing has to be done on my own time, outside of the office, if I can avoid it.

No comments: