Monday, October 6, 2008

Evaluating impact in the blogosphere

In order to indulge some idle curiousity, I've been searching to see which websites have linked to this humble blog. It is certainly interesting to see; at one point, the blog was mentioned as a rare example of archivist discussing Web 2.0 technology. I plan to do a post later chronicling where this blog has been linked to and how it has been discussed.

This is no exercise in vanity. I am genuinely interested to see to what extent these writings have been of use or inspiration for those in the information community. I am also curious, more generally, about the development of professional networks and why not start by considering my own networks? Can I be more thoughtful about the use of this blog or blogs I may start in the future? Those are some thoughts to ponder.

No comments: